The world is currently obsessing over Mid-Century modern design. You will love this concept if you want to bring an oomph factor to your home by giving it a timeless look. A modern Mid-Century furniture design dates back to the 1960s. It has been the classic designing option since then with continuous innovative ideas.
The furniture designing for this concept has seen immense liking as it keeps evolving without losing the touch of mid-century. Before you begin your journey to bring furniture home, remember to know why mid-century modern furniture designing is one of the best options to go for.
Elements of Mid-Century Modern Furniture Design
The elements of Mid-Century modern designing include muted tones, clean lines, graphic shapes, a combination of manufactured and natural materials, vibrant colours and integration of outdoor and indoor motifs. The combination of these elements makes a beautiful end product.
Mid-century modern furniture has smooth angles, straight lines accented with curves, and a clean finish. Such furniture design removes fancy upholstery and over-the-top ornamentation and brings modern materials for a defined look.
Characteristic of a Mid-Century Modern Furniture Design
The term Mid-Century modern can be a little tricky to define, but you can understand it better with these characteristics of it:
- Minimalistic Design: The furniture has a minimalist touch with sleek and simple lines. The table and chairs have simple material holding them up by metal in-style or wooden legs.
- A mix of aesthetics and materials: You will see a mix of both artificial and natural materials used. The combination of modern pieces with vintage statements is a very aesthetically trending style now.
- Fusion of outdoor and indoor: You would find a link between indoor and outdoor in the architecture. For example, plants are often used for decoration as they bring an element of nature.
- Use of natural hue with pops of colour: The use of bright accent colour against neutral tones of wood, white and black tone is seen as an idea to combine indoor and outdoor.
Tips for Decorating Your Room Based on Modern Mid-Century Furniture
If you are looking for decorating your space with Mid-Century modern furniture, then here are some tips that can add the true essence of this theme:
- Build your room around statement pieces: You can select one or two pieces of signature furniture and design around it taking references. The furniture you choose can be a lounge chair or kidney bean-shaped dining table, etc. Use the colour palette which goes with the selected furniture.
- Play with colours: The furniture can bring a modern yet minimalistic look, so to create a balance, you can play with colours to highlight modern Mid-Century furnituredesign. Adding elements like graphic artwork or retro colours can be a good idea.
- Keeping it natural: You should look out for ways to base your design on nature as it highlights the fusion of indoor and outdoor. You can add a potted plant beside your classic study table to give a fusion look.
The liking of urban living has given rise to the Mid-Century modern design as it has an element of a classic yet contemporary look suitable for any space. Knowing Rattan Garden furniture Sale how to put together the furniture and the colour can enhance the overall look and give your area a chic update. Mid-Century modern furniture is made from a lasting material that incorporates sleek designs.