The aftermath of an Edwardsville car accident can be stressful, and it’s important to know your rights as an injured driver. There are ways you can protect yourself after getting into an accident, whether it’s caused by another driver or by mechanical failure. Here are some tips to consider as you try to find the right Edwardsville car accident lawyer for your case.
Who Is At Fault?
If you are involved in an accident, it is important to know who may be at fault. If you are injured and the other driver was not negligent, you may be able to claim damages from your own insurance company for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. In some cases, the insurance company of the driver at fault may also be liable for damages.
What Are The Damages?
Car accidents can be costly. If you’re injured, you may face medical bills and lost wages. If your vehicle is totaled, the cost of replacing it will add up quickly. In some cases, you’ll need to pay for repairs to public property or for other drivers’ injuries. You may also find yourself dealing with emotional distress as a result of the accident.
Car accident rights before you get into an accident
- If you are involved in an accident, it is important to keep your hands on the steering wheel and not make any sudden movements that could cause additional injuries or further damage to your vehicle.
- Pull over as soon as possible and stay inside the car with your seatbelt securely fastened until help arrives.
- Remain calm and try to remain focused by identifying what happened before speaking with anyone at the scene of the accident who may be investigating it.
- You have the right to call for medical assistance if needed.
- It is illegal for police officers to demand money or property from you following an accident unless they can prove beyond reasonable doubt that you caused the collision.
In conclusion, it is important to get the legal help you need as soon as possible following an accident. There are many great law firms in and around Edwardsville that will be happy to help you through this difficult time. It’s worth looking at more than one so that you can find the best fit for your situation. Don’t hesitate to call or email if you have any questions about your rights after an accident. to take next.