The Project Management Professional Course is the leading project management certification. This course is recognized globally. If you give the exam and get the certificate, it proves that you are capable of being in charge of projects. The course certifies that you have project leadership experience and expertise in management. Project managers are needed in every company.
The PMP project management course is offered by project managers for people who want to work as a project manager. It is specifically curated for people skills, technical support, and business environment strategies. The PMP certificate once obtained is of great value since it is an official document which states that you are fully equipped with project leadership qualities that all employees seek.
There are three key aspects of the Project Management course:
Earning a PMP certificate is a long and difficult process. You need to be committed and give it your all from start to finish. Before you apply, make sure that you meet all of the eligibility criteria
- A four-year degree
- 36 months leading projects
- 35 hours of project management training or a CAPM certificate
Another alternative for the requirements are as follows:
- An associate degree (or an equivalent based on your country) or a high school diploma
- 60 months leading projects
- 35 hours of project management training or a CAPM certificate
There are 3 domains with the weightage of those domains as per the percentage of items that would appear on the test:
- People (42%)
- Process (50%)
- Business Environment (8%)
Following are the prospective tasks that may appear in the first Domain i.e.
- Manage a conflict
- Interpretation of source of the conflict and analysis of the context
- Provide a resolution
- Leading a Team
- Analyze team members and delegate leadership
- Set a vision and a goal
- Support Team Management
- Appraisal, evaluation, and support team members
- Empower Team Members and Stakeholders
- Organize and evaluate accountability of tasks
- Ensure Team Members/Stakeholders are Adequately Trained
- Determine training
- Allocate resources
- Build a Team
- Assessment and maintenance of team
- Address and Remove Impediments, Obstacles the Blockers for the Team
- Negotiation of Project Agreements
- Analyze and verify project agreements
- Collaborate with Stakeholders
- Build trust and influence
- Build a Shared Understanding
- Investigation of agreement
- Breaking down of misunderstandings
- Engage and support virtual teams
- Examine team members virtually
- Define Team Ground Rules
- Establish consequences after deterring to rules
- Mentor Relevant Stakeholders
- Promote Team Performance through the application of emotional intelligence
Following are the prospective tasks for the second domain i.e.,
- Execute Project with the Urgency Required to deliver business values
- Manage Communication
- Assess and manage Risks
- Engage Stakeholders
- Plan and Manage budget and resources
- Plan and Manage Schedule
- Plan and Manage Quality of Products/Deliverables
- Plan and Manage Scope
- Integrate Project Planning Activities
- Manage Project Changes
- Plan and Manage Procurement
- Manage Project Artifacts
- Determine Appropriate Project Methodology/methods and practices
- Establish Project Governance Structure
- Manage Project Issues
- Ensure knowledge transfer for project Continuity
- Plan and Manage Project/Phase Closure
Following are the tasks you can get from the third domain i.e.,
- Plan and Manage Project Compliance
- Determine your approach and analyze requirements
- Evaluate and Deliver Project Benefits and value
- Investigate benefits
- Demonstrate values
- Evaluate and Address External Business Environment changes for Impact on Scope
- Recommend options for increasing scope
- Review business continually
- Support organizational change
- Evaluate and assess organizational culture
There are two types of tests: there is a computer-based test and a paper-based test. Paper-based exams are offered at Prometric testing centers. The examination process has 180 questions. There are 230 minutes given for completion. Questions are a combination of multiple-choice questions, matching, fill in the blanks, etc. There is one 10 minute break provided for computer-based tests. No breaks are scheduled for paper-based exams. The results are classified into two groups
- Above Target
- Below Target
- Needs Improvement
Step By Step Guide to Get a PMP Certification
Following are the steps you need to follow to register for an exam:
- Make sure that you complete all the requirements for the eligibility criteria.
- Study the course content with complete dedication.
- Put in effort and time to prepare for the exam.
- Complete the e-learning course and then turn to online classroom training.
- Apply for the exam and choose if you wish to give a computer-based or a paper-based exam.
- Schedule your appointment since the exams may fill fast.
- Prepare for your PMP examination until the date on which you would appear for your exam.
- Give your exam on the designated day.
- Maintain your certification by engaging in consistent development to continue to be competent.
The government started organizations to employ project managers with a PMP certificate to increase the success rates of projects and ensure that there won’t be any issues with the projects on a commercial level by soliciting an approved and appropriate set of rules and regulations for project management all over the world.
The PMP certificate adds a lot of value to every employee’s resume. The PMP has been ranked in one of the top project management courses in the continent of North America. The certification course offers as well demonstrates specific skills which are necessary to be a project manager.
- Gain a Competitive Edge
The PMP certificate course delivers many advantages to the employees. Being a certified project manager gives you an added benefit over other prospective employers. If you are a project manager in North America, your salary increases by up to 25%.
- Work Smarter
The training which you undergo before appearing for the examination of the PMP educates you about the skills and the experience to perform as a project manager. Your business results will increase to higher levels and you will be dedicated to working smarter.
Hence, it is advisable for all those employees who wish to become project managers, to apply for an online PMP certification exam to increase their employability skills and chances.